Thursday, January 2, 2014

My Last Days of Food Freedom

...yes I am devouring a bag of Doritos as I type this, leaving orange marks on my keyboard.

Like anyone else, I like to start my "lifestyle change" on a new week. I figured I would start Monday, January 5th, to give me time to get out of my food coma from these past holidays.

So when you guys diet or change your habits, what is your famous last meal? I am a sucker for just a few things...hibachi and turkey-broccoli and cheese casserole. Oh, and those very cheap dry noodles that come in the orange package...gotta love me some ramen.
Tonight, I am going easy with spaghetti and ragu. Since it is the tsunami of snow storms out there tonight, I decided to stay in.


Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens,
cheese and broccoli with tasty chicken
Hibachi steak and warm boneless wings,
These are a few of my favorite things

Realistically I can't expect to cut these unhealthy but so delightfully tasty foods forever. That fried rice and cheesy broccoli of amazingness will enter my belly time and again. However, I can control the moderation and frequency.

Since living on my own, I have definitely lost control. I eat out too  much, and not healthy at all.
So tell me, you people who sprung the coop, or have lived on your own for many years, how do you do it? 

And what foods should I attack this weekend that are healthy no-nos?
I would love to hear from you guys!


1 comment:

  1. Hi Bethany! I couldn't help but comment since I know that I am responsible for the Doritos indulgence because I sent them home with Alex. I did not realize you were on this journey as well. I sent them to you guys so they would be out of my house and I would not eat them. Which brings me to the little piece of advice I have for you. Since being out on my own I realize that I have total control over the food that comes into my home since...well, I'm the one shopping for it and paying for it. It's much easier to say no to something when it is not there staring you in the face or calling your name from the kitchen LOL. It's not so much about will power (I mean of course it is) but it's more about knowing yourself and being honest with yourself about what you can and can't say no to. This is truly a lifestyle change and I'm sorry to say (mostly for myself) but is something that you will have to be cognizant of your entire life. Sorry if that sounded blunt but it took me a while to realize and accept that. Of course my journey is not yours but these are just a couple things that have helped me along my way...I've still got a long way to go. So if you have any advice for me please...I welcome all. I also wanted to say that I admire you for doing this blog. I know it's not easy letting people in to something that can be so personal. You are a brave and amazing person! Always remember...If you want a different destination...you have to take a different route.
    ~Trish

    ReplyDelete