Wednesday, January 1, 2014

"New Year, New Me" ...or at least a better version of me.

Every time January 1st rolls around, you see crazy resolutions...my favorite one so far was " I am going to not eat anything with more than 100 calories a serving!" ... what?! 

Now for all of those who know me, I am not a skinny girl...I never was the definition of "skinny." I am roughly 5'11, and have fluctuated in weight. In high school I fluctuated between a 10-12, but after some harsh events my senior year, my weight shot through the roof. It's my own fault, and I have accepted that. 

Now let me clarify something, if you love the way you look, kudos, and rock those skinny jeans. And I am not saying I HATE myself. It is more about me losing control and not maintaining like I should. My health is my main point here, my vanity is a bonus. 

I am now a size 16, and way 230 pounds. When I looked at that on the scale, I wanted to punch the wall. It isn't the biggest I have been, but I have gained 10-15 pounds back which is frustrating.

So I am making a change, a serious one. I don't want to be people's "fat" friend anymore...yes I know you guys called me that, and no I am not friends with them anymore.


So in light of the New Year, I made a few resolutions of my own.

1. Write everything down. Seriously, I don't want to forget the memories I make.
2. Don't hate myself for indulging. 
3. Give the social media a rest...seriously, this one has to be a must.
4. Become a healthier and better maintained version of myself. As in, drop the donut, eat the apple. And don't let my apartment become the mess it is right now (seriously...I need a maid)
5. Take in criticism and praise and let them affect me accordingly. (so please, call me a fat ass.)

I think these are realistic resolutions that make me a better person. 
If you are on a weight loss journey, give me your tips! Help me out!

Thanks guys! 

No comments:

Post a Comment